Woohoo! Griffin actually got a full week of school in last week! No snow days, no cold days (although they almost got one on Friday). Yay!
- Unfortunately, a full week of school did not translate into a full week of swimming. One of the pool filters broke and the boys were unable to use it for most of the week. The discovered the problem on Monday night and had meets on Tuesday and Thursday, so that left Wednesday and Friday. Another local school was nice enough to allow them to practice with them on Friday and, although they weren’t supposed to have practice Saturday, our pool was fixed late Friday so they had a practice to make up for some of the lost time.
- The silver lining of our pool being broken: we were supposed to hosts the meet on Thursday but couldn’t so we got to go a school I’ve never been to in all the years my boys have been swimming. While there, I discovered the marine artist/activist Wyland graduated from Lamphere High School and painted this awesome mural in their pool area. When we lived in San Diego all those years I loved going into the Wyland Gallery at Seaport Village, never realizing he grew up a mere few miles from me in Michigan. How cool!
- Speaking of swimming, it seems our team cannot catch a break this season. One of our Seniors broke his hand on Monday and had to have surgery so is now out for the rest of the season. Granted, there are only a few meets left. But there is still the championship meet. Ugh!
- Do any of you watch New Girl? How awesome was the episode after the Super Bowl with Prince? We were cracking up over here. One of the funniest shows on the air right now.
- I tried out this recipe for dinner rolls this week. OMG! So good! I urge you to try these ASAP!
Other bits from On The Line:
- With The Walking Dead finally back with new episodes, I couldn’t resist this quiz. I got Michonne! Woot! I love her 🙂
- Finally, women empowering other women instead of cutting them down.
- I always look forward to new episodes of Convos With My 2-Year-Old, so funny. This is one of my favorites.
Well, I didn’t finish any books last week. I’ve been reading the same two books for a bit. One, as I’ve told you before, is a re-read. The other is for book club (which was cancelled again) and I ran into a wall with it a while back and finally picked it back up this week. Hopefully both will be finished this week.
On slate for this week:
The last couple regular season swim meets. Getting some organization to this house…my mother-in-law gets back from out of state on Sunday and will be staying with us for a while. Watching the Olympics!
Are you a Walking Dead fan? Who is your favorite character?