Did you miss me last Monday? I took the week off. Really, I’m rethinking my idea to have my mash-up on a Monday. If I have a busy weekend, it is extremely difficult to finish up the post and get it up for you. Something for me to think about…
- I have to start off with the most important news from the last two weeks. Griffin and his team won their division title! Woot! Griffin ended up swimming the 200 freestyle, 500 freestyle, 200 free relay and 400 free relay. Believe me, this is a tiring schedule to keep up for two days in a row. He did awesome day one and decent day two. You could definitely tell he was tired by the time he was doing the 500 on day two. Regardless, he did great, his team did great, our school had the biggest section of spectators in the stands. It was a great time.
I realize Griffin is not smiling in this pic, he doesn’t smile often when he knows cameras are on him. Because of the nature of lighting and other outside sources in pool areas, this is the clearest shot we got of the celebration. Unfortunately, they had been at it a while at that point and the excitement had worn off enough for him to realize tons of cameras were aimed in his direction.
- Another busy weekend last weekend. Our school hosted a Robotics Competition and I worked the concession stand from 7am-2pm on Friday. Thankfully, I didn’t sign up to work on Saturday because I ended up on my feet that whole time (I mean it, I actually never sat down once!) and my back was killing me. Sunday was our Mom & Dad’s Club annual spaghetti dinner and I worked setting up (making salad and setting up the bake sale goods) from 9am-noon and then got to sit down while I worked the door from 12-2. At that point I had the fam meet me up there to eat and socialize before heading home.
- What about Saturday??? Oh, just a little something called my husband’s birthday. Not that we really did anything. We always do a birthday dinner and his mom is here and wanted to pay. Therefore, he picked National Coney Island. He didn’t want it to be too expensive for her to feed us all. And we all love National. If you don’t live in an area that has some sort of Coney Island restaurant, I’m sorry. I also ended up baking on Saturday for the bake sale on Sunday. I made banana bread and pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies. Yum!
- We had sub-zero temps again on Thursday and Friday. Griffin was slated to work the parking lot for JROTC for the robotics competition. The boys all got a lecture from me about switching out and not being outside for more than 30 minutes at a time. We had them all in layers with Under Armour under their uniforms. And I had some visitors at the concession stand a couple times for some hot chocolate.
- Why oh why was a new episode of Walking Dead on the same day as the Oscars? Ugh! We started watching the Oscars, switched to The Walking Dead at 9 o’clock and DVR’d the rest of the Oscars. I caught up on them in the morning. Expect an Oscar post this week!
- Speaking of The Walking Dead…who doesn’t love Daryl? I had to keep telling myself that Beth is young and didn’t understand the way he was grieving. It all worked out in the end, though. And I’m super anxious for next week!
- Herb, Griff and I had our semi-annual dental check-ups last week. I had a little surface cavity, wahwah 😦 But other than that, we’re all good. Floss those teeth kiddies! I probably wouldn’t have had that cavity if I was flossing regularly.
- We (Metro-Detroit) are officially at the second snowiest winter since records have been kept. We need approximately 10 more inches to get to the snowiest winter and I’m truly hoping that doesn’t happen!
Other bits from On the Line:
- One last Olympic moment…hilarious!
- More voice lessons from the cast of Outlander. Have I mentioned how much I love a Scottish accent. These videos show us how to say the names of a couple of hated female characters, how to pronounce the name for the standing stones Claire walked through and the one below…sexy Jamie saying his pet name for Claire…swoon!
- Very powerful piece, very brave women.
- Proof my area has actually had the worst winter in the country. See, I’m not just a whining baby!
Books I finished this (and last) week:
On tap this week:
One more day at the concession stand, for boys basketball this time. Griffin and a few of his buddies will be starting a lifeguarding class that will run through March. Paczki day! I may attempt to make my very first homemade paczkis…we’ll see if I have time.