Last week was one of those weeks where everything, time-wise, seems out of whack. I blame it on Griffin. His school had a weird schedule this week. Regular day Monday, got out 2 hours early on Tuesday, went in 3 hours late Wednesday and Thursday, regular day Friday. See what I mean? Throw the whole “spring forward” on top and stir…one whacked out week. He doesn’t have school today and Josh has Spring Break this week so won’t be at school or work today or Wednesday so I’m sure this week will be messed up for me, too. Here’s what has been going on around here during this crazy week:
- Another thing throwing me off…no swim practice or meets. The first official full week since the season ended. But Griffin and four of his swim team buddies have all started a lifeguarding class at the community center. Being as there are only eight kids in the class, I feel sorry for the instructor having a group of such good friends all in one class. They tell me they’re behaving, though.
- I didn’t get around to making homemade paczki. I decided it wouldn’t be a good idea with my diabetic mother-in-law staying here. I’m determined to try making them at some point, though.
- I’ve been meaning to see if you guys have heard about these:
OMGoodness! Sooooo good. I haven’t seen them at my usual Meijer store, but the one Josh works at had them at some point and he brought some home. When we ran out and I wanted more they no longer had any there either. They are a limited edition so I may be out of luck 😦
- I started following Norman Reedus on Facebook and was rewarded with this picture in my feed the very next day 🙂
Other bits from On the Line:
- I came across this on another blog post (terrible me, I can’t remember which), then happened upon this later that same day. Do you think the universe is telling me I should be doing something with my books other than reading them?
- I may have a lot more books to work with here soon. How cool is this speed reading app? I was skeptical until I read the article and checked out the examples at the bottom. Now I’m excited!
- One of the reasons I love being out in nature at night is the sky. Growing up in the suburbs only a few miles from Detroit the stars were not always prominent in the night sky. What a great idea to designate areas to dark skies so future generations will be able to experience a beautiful starry night. Bonus: this is in driving distance from me!
- How do my fellow Whovians feel about the announcement of the new companion? I’m excited to see how he’s going to join Clara and the Doctor.
- This is a fun little quiz about daylight savings time that gives you interesting facts along the way.
- These random acts of kindness made me cry and smile, and that’s a good thing.
- As did this story of a different kind of kindness. This was all over the internet last week, but I still feel the need to share in case you somehow missed it.
- Having suffered from depression myself, this blog post really hit home. This is beautifully written and very well said. For those of us who have dealt with this issue, it’s wonderful to know we’re not alone and there are others that understand. For those who don’t understand depression, maybe this will help.
- For fans of Legos, Alien or just pop-culture; this Lego/Alien recreation is hilarious!
- If you’ve never seen Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake in previous History of Rap segments, here is the most current addition. You must check out the rest of them, too.
I listen to a lot of podcasts and have decided to briefly highlight a favorite each week. Not favorite podcast, but favorite episode out of all that I listen to. My favorite podcast changes from week to week, depending on their subject matter. This week I’m linking to two episodes of Slumber Party with Alie & Georgia featuring Matt Mira (he was such an awesome guest they ended up doing a second episode). Caution: this is NOT a podcast for children or the easily offended. But it had me cracking up through both episodes. Hilarious! I only recently started listening to this podcast and have found these girls always make me laugh.
Books I finished this week:
The Giver is our current book club read so I will be doing a separate post on that one toward the end of March after we meet and discuss.
On tap for this week:
My oldest baby will be turning 20! …20! … Yes, 20! Where have the years gone? We’ll also be going to my brother’s for a nice family dinner on Saturday. My nephew is home on Spring Break so it’ll be good to catch up with him.
Have a wonderful week everyone!