You guys, I’m sure you realize that all I’ve been doing on the blog lately is these mash-ups. I still can’t seem to budget my time wisely enough to get more blogging time in than I do. I promise, I’m working on this problem of mine. In the meantime, here’s this week’s mash-up.
- My brother and his girlfriend had us all over for a family dinner on Saturday. Kristina is such a good cook, it was wonderful. Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes…yum, yum, yum! I brought some homemade rolls and Liz (my older sister’s ex-husband’s girlfriend, not my little niece) made some delicious desserts. Of course my sisters, who live out of state, weren’t there. But my nephew is on Spring Break so we got to see him for the first time since early January. It just made me think that we should really do family dinners more often.
- I’m sure this won’t shock anyone, Griffin had another snow day. Ugh! We are now only 3 inches from the all-time snowiest winter around here. Part of me is actually hoping for those last few inches, only because we’ve had such a looooong and snowy and cold winter that I feel we may as well get a record out of the forced confinement.
- Can you believe that, although swim season is over, the snow day still interfered with swimming? More specifically, Griffin’s lifeguard class. Ahhh, such is life. One more thing to be made up.
- Have you ever seen snow lightening? I totally forgot to tell you guys that a few weeks ago, while I was out running errands, it was snowing big fluffy flakes when…BOOM! Super huge thunder clap and lightening. So cool!
- Have I mentioned how happy I am that I started following Norman Reedus on FB? I shared an awesome pic he posted when I first started following him. This week he posted this gem:
- Josh turned 20 and it was kind of anti-climactic. He had to work and then had plans with friends. His best friend’s mom went to Florida so most of his week has been spent hanging at the “parent-free” zone. But I did make my very first ice cream cake. No pictures and no recipe because I was making it up as I went along and it needs some tweaks before I share.
Other bits from On the Line:
- I wish I would have thought of writing down the freaky things my boys said when they were little. These stories cracked me up and freaked me out!
- Loved these pictures of Detroit by Bill Rauhauser, they give me hope.
- This woman was looking for answers about her husband who was listed as MIA for 68 years. She finally finds out what happened to him and it’s amazing. I cried…a lot.
- I love Zooey Deschanel’s voice. Even moreso when it’s paired with Prince.
Favorite Podcast of the Week:
I have a new-to-me podcast I’ve been listening to this week. It’s called 99% Invisible. When I first subscribed I uploaded the last 5 or so episodes to get a feel for it, see if I was going to like it or not. I love it! The voices are quite soothing and the information is given in such a way that you don’t quite realize that you’re learning. My favorite episode I’ve listened to so far is Episode 104: Tunnel 57. Wow!
Favorite Blog Post of the Week:
With all the blogs I try to keep up on, I figured I’d also give a shout-out to my favorite of the week ala my favorite podcast of the week. This week it was this beautifully written post over on Flower Patch Farmgirl. It’s something I believe everyone should read and think on. Definitely thought provoking.
Books I finished this week:
Just one again. I am re-reading the next book in the Outlander series and I’ve told you how that often slows me down. I’ll be reading other books at the same time, but most likely will be lucky to get one book read a week while I’m doing my re-read.
On tap this week:
The rescheduled JROTC drill competition that our school hosts will be Saturday. It’s going to be a super long day, but should be fun. Herbie & I will be doing score tallies again. Other than that, I have nothing exciting planned so far.
Happy St. Patty’s Day!