Even though Griffin has been on Spring Break this week, we’ve been somewhat busy. Remember my fears that I ruined Griffin’s chance for a job? Well, they called him! Yay! He allowed me to take this picture of him right before we left for his first job interview as long as I didn’t post it on FB or IG. I told him it’s just for my blog and nobody he knows even know I have a blog. Isn’t he handsome?
So I spent a lot of this week driving him to his interview, driving him to get new hire paperwork, driving him to his physical and TB test, driving him to get his TB test read, driving him to turn in his paperwork. Can you tell I’m ready for this kid to get his license?
Here are the other things going on around here…
- My husband decided to buy a smoker. He got this one off of QVC. He’s seen the demos a million times and always says he should get one “someday”. I guess he got sick of waiting. We’re still learning and experimenting but I’m sure there will be more on this later.
- We’ve been having beautiful weather around here. I posted this on Instagram earlier in the week because I was so excited to have been out and about in flip flops!
- On the other hand, this forecast bums me out. Only in Michigan do we go from the 70s to the the 30s with a possibility of snow in less than 48 hours. Well, I guess I’ll have to give my flip flops a break this week 😦
- I finally took some time to explore my library’s ebook options. Big mistake! Now that I don’t have to worry about paying for every book (or relying on free Kindle books when good ones are offered) all I want to do is read, read, read! But I’m loving it!
Other Bits from On the Line:
- I love the idea of this project, and love that the teacher has continued to follow through on getting the letters back to the students all these years.
- On the other hand, these people need to pay more attention in English class. Hilarious and scary at the same time.
- Now that it’s warming up, I’ve been craving green smoothies in the morning. Don’t know how to make one? This video on one of my favorite food blogs is the place to start.
- Another How To video from the folks at Outlander on Starz:
Favorite Podcast of the Week:
Another one from the How Stuff Works family is Stuff Mom Never Told You with Cristen and Caroline. Their recent podcast Is ADHD Different for Girls? really hit home. Although I don’t have any girls, a lot of what they talked about reminded me of our struggle to get a diagnosis for Griffin. It’s often hard for teachers to believe a child has a problem and isn’t just lazy when he or she don’t have the H of ADHD.
Favorite Blog of the Week:
Since I told you this is one of my favorite food blogs, I figured it’s a good time to link to a post from In Sonnet’s Kitchen. Her post What I Learned During My Week Off is one I think everyone should read.
Books I Finished This Week:
Like I said before, I’m liking this library ebook thing. My house is not since it’s being neglected.
On tap for this week:
Our scholarship essay reading was pushed to this week…we hope. I have a lovely new strange mole that I think I should get checked out. (I know, gross.) Oh, and apparently I was a week off on Easter. Traditionally, Spring Break around here is the week after Easter. I knew that wasn’t the case this year (not sure why) but thought it was the week before. I didn’t realize yesterday wasn’t going to be Easter until Saturday. I guess it’s a good thing my kids no longer do the decorating eggs thing, lol.
For real this time…Happy Easter!