Hola mi amigos! I usually start getting these posts together during the weekend, but I wasn’t feeling so hot yesterday so it was a no-go for me. I figure it’s okay as long as it’s still posted some time on Monday…or I’d have to change the name. As it is, I don’t have too much to say anyway. I do want to discuss television for a moment though.
- I love the show Parenthood. I often get a bit behind because my husband is not a big fan. Oh, he’ll sit and watch it…and make smart-ass comments the whole time. (Sarah talks too much, he understands Max’s condition but cannot deal with watching that storyline, Sydney is so spoiled, etc.) Which ruins the experience for me. Anyway, I finally got around to watching the rest of this season and I can’t help but wonder how they do it. How do they put together such quality EVERY. SINGLE. EPISODE. I cannot get through an episode with out crying and laughing. Or are you in the same camp as my DH and think it’s annoying?
- Another new favorite of mine (and his this time!) is Believe. It’s too soon to see if they can keep the current pacing without it starting to feel tired, but I have faith. But the reason I bring up the show is 10 year old Johnny Sequoyah who plays Bo. Are you kidding me? She’s sooooo good it’s almost unfair. There is a look about her that you can believe she’s older and wiser than her years, but the next minute she lets the vulnerability come out and she looks like a kid again. She can play scared and happy and sad and confused all without being cheesy. No offense to young actors, they’re still learning, but they often seem cheesy and hammy (like a sandwich). If you haven’t seen this one yet, you may not totally get what is going on picking up in the middle. But watching Ms. Sequoyah act is a MUST! Plus, co-star Jake McLaughlin is easy on the eyes and has some acting chops himself. The two of them as a team…magical.
- I recently found this Quiz Up app for my phone (doesn’t look like it’s available for my Kindle yet) and I’m obsessed. I’m the girl who loves playing Trivial Pursuit, even when I get every question wrong. It’s the learning new things that does it for me. And in my weird brain, I have to do each category at least once, so it’s a good thing I don’t mind losing! This has been a total time-waster for me over the last week.
- As not to leave you hanging, my mother-in-law will be getting that shoulder surgery. We all really liked the doctor she saw last week and think it will be worth it in the long run. Lots of physical therapy after the surgery though. It’s scheduled for May 21 so she’ll be staying with us for a while again. Poor Josh, booted back to the basement. The good news is, as long as all goes well she’ll be able to do the majority of her PT by her house. So she won’t be here all summer, just about a month.
Other bits from On the Line:
- Of course when I wanted to know more, my Josh knew all about this. But for those of you like me who aren’t as geek chic as my boy…Atari ET games found dumped in New Mexico desert.
- I’m not sure if this made any other news outlets as this is a local guy, and I can’t find any proof of others mocking him. Yet I would find it disturbing even if it was only Shaquille O’Neal who made fun of this man. Shame on you Shaq! This sends a message to kids to only say you’re against bullying, but go ahead and keep doing whatever the hell you want. What a disgrace!
- Another Outlander speech lesson. Sorry ladies, no Jamie this time.
- Another “Happy” song. This one comes with two dances and I’m loving them both!
- My boys both say they’ve seen this video before without the music, I haven’t. They also tell me that it’s not as funny as I think it is…I cannot stop laughing. Tears streaming down my face laughing. I’ve watched it at least 20 times today and laugh every single time.
Favorite Podcast of the Week:
A few weeks ago I told you about a new to me podcast with soothing voices. Well, this is another one of those. I love the way they weave a story together over at Radio Lab. There podcast 60 Words really got me thinking. And as soothing as the voices are, it made me angry. I think everyone should listen to this. This is not a Republican/Democrat thing. This is an American thing.
Books I Finished This Week:
The waiting list for these Robyn Carr books is driving me batty! I just want to read them all at once!
On tap for this week:
Nothing. Seriously, besides the usual errands and every day life I don’t think there’s anything special on my schedule. Yay!
Are there any TV shows you just love?